Uncomfortable Braces Dinner Ideas
Uncomfortable braces can be a nuisance. While you won’t often experience pain, the pressure of having your braces tightened can be bothersome. On the days when you are really dealing with uncomfortable braces, finding foods that don’t add to your discomfort can be helpful. The most uncomfortable days are braces-tightening days for most patients. To deal with those days, you should stick to foods that are soft and easy to chew.
The key to being able to eat with uncomfortable braces is to find recipes that replace hard and crunchy ingredients with soft substitutes. Here are some great ideas to help ease the discomfort while you are eating.
Tips for Eating with Uncomfortable Braces
The key to comfort when it comes to your braces and eating is to choose foods that don’t require much chewing. There are many options for people who have uncomfortable braces to make mealtimes easier!
- Macaroni and cheese is soft and easy to eat with uncomfortable braces. Surprisingly, the type of cheese used won’t stick to your braces. Plus, it’s a comfort food!
- Soft Italian foods like lasagna and pasta are a better choice than things like pizza that could have a crunchy crust. Remember, the harder you have to bite into foods, the more uncomfortable braces will be.
- Soft shelled foods like burritos are also great if you aren’t in the mood for Italian food. And, you can make them healthy by adding lots of vegetables.
- Meat dishes that use chopped meats are better than trying to eat a steak, chicken breast, or pork chops. Tough meat can be a major source of discomfort, especially when you just have your braces tightened.
- Mashed foods like mashed potatoes and polenta are both filling and nutritious without the need to chew them much.
- Smoothies, applesauce, yogurt, pudding, and hummus are great snacks when you are having majorly uncomfortable braces days.
- Ice cream, soft cookies, and cake are always an option for a sweet treat to help cheer you up!
If you have uncomfortable braces, don’t panic. It doesn’t mean you need to skip eating until the discomfort resolves. Try some of these helpful tips and look for other recipes for sore teeth. When you choose the right foods, you’ll get the nutrition you need and be on your way to more comfort before you know it.